Medford Health Matters (MHM) solicits proposals once each year. We are pleased to announce the 2014 Request for Proposals.
Medford Health Matters is a community coalition with a mission to foster an environment of wellness and healthy lifestyles for all those who live, learn, work, and play in the City of Medford. MHM invites community nonprofit organizations to apply for our once-yearly grant of up to $5,000. We particularly seek proposals that relate to access to services, reduction of racial and ethnic health disparities including social determinants of poor health outcomes in vulnerable communities, prevention and management of chronic disease, and social and emotional wellbeing.
Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to service providers, health and community-based organizations, local agencies, schools, and communities of faith that are interested in improving the physical and mental wellbeing of residents within the City of Medford. Applicants must either be located in, or must create programs that serve, Medford residents. It is expected that all applicants will be either municipal agencies or 501(c)3 organizations (or have a confirmed relationship with a fiscal agent that is one).
Award criteria include:
– A clear, well designed project that proposes strategies based on identified community needs
– Clear explanation of how the project fulfills Medford Health Matters’ identified program priorities
– A clear definition of the target population and number of people who will be served
– A realistic timeline for implementation; projects must be completed within one year of the award
– Measurable goals and objectives
– An itemized project budget
– Evidence of collaboration with at least one other Medford agency preferred
– An evaluation plan with demonstrated outcomes
– A plan for sustainability, as appropriate
Applications are due by Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. Applicants will be notified after June 6th. We only request proposals once each year, so if your project will start in 2014 and will be completed within one year from the start date, this is your opportunity to seeks funding from Medford Health Matters. Please be specific about the timing of your project and how and when funds will be used.
For an application or to get more information, please contact: Vida Poole, Medford Health Matters Clerk, at 781-388-2375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Submitted by Medford Health Matters